Sep 10, 2011

CONSUMERISM & ADVERTISING: videoportfolio Sneja_D 2011

Consumerism and advertising are omnipresent topics in my artistic works. In my current video series entitled 'Power Corn', which I initiated in 2005, I point to the consumer society and the helplessness of Man in regards to invisible new growing powers such as the one of the food and advertising industry: GM Food has invaded our supermarkets our plates and our lives.

In 'ISO pop corn - 1st generation human designed pop corn' (2007), I analyze in our global society the phenomenon of applying ISO standards in almost every domain of our life and as a reaction to that I suggest the absurd production of ISO pop corn, perfectly shaped and conceived by Man, glorious inventor with divine power. To illustrate the idea of standardization and mass production. I used 3D rapid prototyping software and production. 'ISO pop corn-1st Generation…’ is a metaphor for the profit and gadget oriented consumer society. For this piece I have borrowed the language from the advertising world and mass production.


ISO pop corn - 1st Generation human designed pop corn, 2007



Power Corn, 2005

No comments: