Sep 10, 2011

MEDICAL INFLUENCE: video portfolio 2011

This is a sequence from the Sneja_D's 5 minute video portfolio (2011 edition)

In my video installations I explore the worlds of human anatomy and medicine, food, consumerism and advertising whilst I employ the media of video, graphic design, Rapid Prototyping and interactive software.

For the past few years I have been interested in an expanded viewpoint of artistic practice, in borrowing the language and methodologies so that there is a cross-fertilization between my work in the medical world and my artistic practice. This began through the creation of artistic videos based on footage that was captured with an endoscope during gastroscopies (2H4- Too Hungry For, 2003) or video recordings of dental treatments (Don’t blame your dentist, 2005)




No comments: